2022 is over and now’s a good time to replicate on what went properly, what went improper, and what’s the plan going ahead.
I did this again in 2020 however missed 2021 (consistency isn’t my energy).
What Went Properly
Right here’s what went properly throughout the yr:
- I produced much less work however of a better high quality. I appear to be taking longer to complete my work. I feel one purpose for that is that I’ve tightened up my method and given myself much less room for error. One more reason is that have permits me to see so many extra choices to enhance the portray that I used to be naive to earlier than.
- We did household journeys to Kingfisher Bay and Noosa. These had been my favourite vacation areas once I was a baby. It’s good to see Elora expertise the identical childhood joys. Hopefully, she is going to get pleasure from fishing as properly!
- I began portrait portray. It’s difficult, significantly within the sense portraits are much less forgiving than landscapes. Folks can inform in case you don’t get the nostril good otherwise you make the palms a contact too huge. However this makes it thrilling.
- We hung a lot of my work round the home. We additionally developed a great relationship with an area framer and had a number of work framed.
- New posts: 18. My favourite is Susan Goddard: Recommendation on Watercolors and the Artwork Life. The feedback on this spotlight simply how sort and inspiring the artwork neighborhood is.
- New work: 21. Beneath are my favorites.
What Didn’t Go Properly
- Hardly did any drawing. Time has been restricted and I’ve most well-liked brush and shade over pencil. However, if I need to maintain bettering in portray, I have to maintain drawing.
- It was the yr of sickness. I’ve by no means been so steadily sick. I’ll chalk that as much as Elora’s first yr at daycare.
- Didn’t learn many new artwork books.
- Kobe nonetheless struggles with the steps.
My objectives haven’t modified:
- Extra portray, drawing, and writing.
- Extra fishing.
- Maintain being a great dad and companion.
What went properly? What went improper? What’s subsequent? Be happy to share within the feedback.
Once more, thanks for all the pieces. It’s a pleasure to create artwork and share my findings with you.
Dan Scott With Chontele, Elora, and Kobe
Draw Paint Academy