1) Go on Offense ASAP (Whereas everybody else is slacking)
In the beginning of the yr, you’ve got the chance to go on offense whereas most artists are procrastinating within the aftermath of the vacations. Whereas they repeat the essential mistake of ready to take motion, you may be off and working – getting a giant head begin.
We see it yearly, savvy artists & musicians enter January with a launch schedule, price range, and promotion plan dialed. In the meantime, their competitors spends January and February transferring at a snail’s tempo.
At Playlist Push, the artists that launch campaigns in January typically see a serious surge in traction as there’s merely much less competitors, whereas listeners are ravenous for brand new music to begin their yr.
If you happen to really feel a bit unprepared, it’s all good, simply get transferring now. And for those who will not have new music for some time, bear in mind the advantages of selling a earlier launch.
2) Plan out Your Yr and Set Your Objectives
Cut up the yr up into quarters. Q1-Q4. Set your quarterly targets, maintain them lifelike however difficult, and push your self to stretch this yr.
Reply massive guiding questions (examples beneath):
The place do I would like my music profession to be by finish of 2023?
- Have a full-time supervisor and reserving agent
- Enhance my streaming revenue by 3x
- Launch a brand new merch line
- Launch 15 new songs
How can I be on offense all-year lengthy?
- Launch new music each month
- Execute a advertising plan for every launch
- Prioritize time and headspace for writing/recording
- Leverage instruments & software program to automate and streamline
- Leverage my group, delegate (or construct a group)
Along with creating a top level view of your yr with a recording schedule and launch schedule, now’s the time to set timelines for profession targets like getting a supervisor and reserving agent.
The hot button is to chunk every part down into smaller items and timelines which are actionable.
Purpose and Motion Plan Instance
Purpose: Signal with an skilled Artist Supervisor or Administration Crew by finish of March 2023.
- Analysis potential managers/corporations and compile an inventory of candidates
- Ask different artists and business connects for suggestions, contacts, and introductions
- Put together 1-sheet and e-mail outreach template with accomplishments, stats, and hyperlinks
- Execute outreach – full-court press (emails, calls, textual content, dm’s)
- Schedule as many related cellphone calls and in-person conferences as doable
- Decide prime candidates
- Do deep dive analysis of prime candidates
- Have interaction in 2nd and third spherical talks to completely vet prime candidates
- Decide particulars of the settlement, authorized assessment of the settlement
- Launch a full-time or trial settlement
3) Streamline Your Social Media
Social media can simply devour an excessive amount of of your time and power as an artist and take you away out of your craft. It’s far too simple to let it grow to be a black gap that finally ends up hurting your profession.
However let’s be actual, you want it, and when used nicely – and effectively it might have a huge effect.
The hot button is to make your life simple and get days or even weeks forward of your posts. That is the way you keep away from social media stress and burnout.
You need to keep away from losing a ton of time occupied with social posts on the fly and utilizing your psychological bandwidth on arising with one thing new every time.
Tip #1: Decide your repeatable codecs and construct a schedule:
- Share tune snippets on IG posts/tales, TikTok within the weeks main as much as a launch
- Make movies of you within the studio – share the method
- Construct a set of high-quality pictures of you or your band by working with a photographer, then create a social media launch schedule of posts with quotes out of your lyrics
- Share posts that your followers tag you in on IG tales
- Share acoustic variations of your songs or covers
Tip #2: Prioritize what works and feels genuine:
In an ideal world, you would be crushing it on each social platform, however with no group in place to handle this, it’s going to be arduous to drag off with out burning out.
If you happen to’re managing your individual social media, deal with the channels the place you get probably the most engagement and the place really feel just like the medium matches your strengths. Doing what feels good, natural, and genuine goes to yield the best return.
There’s plenty of stress for artists to be lively on TikTok, and for good purpose, however for those who’ve tried it or determined it’s actually not for you, then skip it. As a substitute, promote your music on TikTok via different creators.
4) Spend money on Actual Music Promotion
You possibly can comply with the entire steps above, however you’ll be lacking out on the important thing ingredient to make your 2023 plan take off with no promotion plan.
You gotta construct the fireplace with a powerful basis (steps 1-3) however then set it ablaze by pouring the gasoline on (advertising & promotion).
What are the very best music promotion methods in 2023?
With out query, the reply continues to be Spotify Playlist Promotion and TikTok Music Promotion. This continues to be the place probably the most profitable artists, managers, and labels are targeted.
Getting your music on high-quality related playlists stays the highest technique for constructing your streaming presence.
In the meantime, TikTok’s influence is rising stronger, persevering with to drive label offers for impartial artists.
What makes Playlist Push Completely different?
We’re probably the most skilled firm in playlist promotion – working with over 20,000 artists since 2017.
In an business the place authenticity and belief are essential we place the best precedence on working solely with high-quality, natural playlists & creators with actual listeners & followers.
Our tech-forward method means that you can run extremely focused campaigns at scale, driving long-term outcomes.
Seeking to Promote your Music?
Use our TikTok Music Promotion and Spotify Playlists Promotion service.