Nauticam is now delivery its new housing for the Fujifilm XT-5. The flagship cropped-sensor mirrorless digicam now includes a 40MP sensor (up from 26MP) however nonetheless shoots 15fps bursts with the mechanical shutter. It additionally boasts vital upgrades on the video facet, together with the power to report oversampled 6.2K/30p in 4:2:2 10-bit colour internally in addition to output 6.2K/30p 12-bit RAW to an exterior recorder.
With its X-T4 housing, Nauticam determined to take away the power to accommodate a USB energy pack underneath the digicam because of the spectacular efficiency of the X-T4’s upgraded battery. With the X-T5 housing, the ability pack assist has returned, as a result of the XT-5’s extra power-hungry video capabilities once more place a bigger pressure on the inner battery.
In any other case, Nauticam has caught to its tried-and-true formulation: necessary controls rerouted to only the fitting locations round built-in handles, a wide-bore M24 bulkhead accommodating an HDMI2.0 connection to the Atomos Ninja V, and compatibility with Nauticam’s elective Mini Flash Set off for high-speed strobe firing in handbook mode. Fujifilm’s included hotshoe-mounted EF-X8 flash will also be accommodated contained in the housing for computerized TTL publicity with quite a lot of strobes.
Out there from retailers comparable to Backscatter, the NA-XT5 is offered now, priced at $3,163.
When buying underwater pictures tools just like the merchandise talked about on this article, please assist DPG by supporting our retail companion—Backscatter.com.
The Fujifilm X-T5 options an APS-C CMOS 4 X-Trans 5 HR BSI 40MP Sensor. The X-T5 is powered by a brand new X Processor 5 which offers extraordinarily quick efficiency and improved responsiveness. Improved in-body stabilization delivers as much as a 7EV profit which is a big profit for video shooters. The clever 425 level hybrid autofocus monitoring system is now delicate right down to -7EV permitting it precisely focus in excessive low gentle circumstances.
The X-T5 permits you to report oversampled 6.2K 30p or 4K 30p with a 1.23x crop issue or subsampled 4K 60p with the total width of the sensor. When mixed with the Atomos Ninja V, the X-T5 can output as much as 6.2K 12 bit ProRes RAW. Just like the X-T4, the X-T5 additionally options HLG and F-Log seize to extend dynamic vary, defending highlights and shadows for modifying. New to the X-T5 is F-Log2 which offers you with 13+ stops of dynamic vary as an alternative of simply 12 stops with F-Log.
Key Digital camera Specs
- 40MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS 5 HR BSI sensor
- In-body picture stabilization as much as 7 EV profit
- 20 fps taking pictures with AF (15 fps with mechanical shutter)
- 3.69M-dot OLED digital viewfinder
- 4K 60p, 6.2K 30p 4:2:2 10-Bit Videor
- Inside F-Log and F-Log2 seize
- Twin UHS-II SD card slots
- Two-axis tilt rear display screen
THE NAUTICAM NA-XT5 UNDERWATER HOUSING
Nauticam has supported all of the earlier X-T cameras and continues to create revolutionary and ultra-functional housings for this line with the NA-XT5 underwater housing. The NA-XT5 options DSLR-style housing and port lock mechanisms in addition to built-in ergonomic handles. The housing is designed with our Mission Management idea of putting crucial digicam controls as near the handles as potential to facilitate easy and fast digicam operation to make sure you do not miss the shot.
The NA-XT5 options thumb levers close to each handles, with the left thumb lever actuating the playback operate and the fitting thumb lever the AF-ON management. The housing consists of two M14 and one M24 bulkhead openings to accommodate quite a lot of equipment.
The NA-XT5 makes use of the N100 Port System shared with the Fujifilm XH1, XT3 and XT4 system. A choice of port choices can be found for quite a lot of lenses.
Premium Skilled Optics
Nauticam’s big selection of ports and in-house corrective optics are the proper praise to the NA-XT5’s inherent flexibility. Constructed across the N100 Port System, the NA-XT5 helps all kinds of X-mount lenses. As well as, there are a number of choices obtainable to make use of the groundbreaking WACP-1 and WACP-C wide-angle corrective lenses in addition to the extra compact and in-water detachable WWL-1B and WWL-C.
For instance, with the Fuji XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS lens, the WACP-1 brings the unique 75º field-of-view to a powerful 130º with sharper corners, an ~0″ minimal focus distance and a extra pure wanting picture than could be supplied by a typical glass dome port. For full water contact lens compatibility, you’ll be able to view the port chart here.
A big bore M24 bulkhead is positioned on the entrance of the housing to be used with HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 1.4 (with a step-down adapter to M16) exterior screens and recorders. The X-T5 can output as much as 6.2K 12 bit ProRes RAW over HDMI 2.0. See the sources sidebar for extra particulars and beneficial setups.
Dependable computerized flash publicity is offered with the NA-XT5 and quite a lot of optically fired flashes, exactly reproducing the Fujifilm EF-X8 flash at a proportionally higher depth. This method yields correct computerized TTL flash efficiency – even in handbook publicity mode – with no electrical sync cables to flood!
The NA-XT5 can be suitable with the Nauticam Mini Flash Set off for Panasonic/Fujifilm (PN 26305). The Flash Set off permits for speedy hearth handbook flash firing by way of fiber optic, with no digicam battery drain.
The NA-XT5 comes fiber optic prepared and accepts normal Sea & Sea fashion bushing connections. Nauticam Common fiber optic cable system (PN 26216) for Inon, Sea&Sea strobes, present distinctive gentle transmission for correct TTL efficiency.
Exterior Battery Pack
The NA-XT5 housing helps using an USB-C battery pack so as to significantly lengthen the time between battery swaps, and permitting the housing to stay sealed between dives. The battery compartment on the backside of the housing helps batteries as much as 150mm(W) x 18mm (H) x 72mm (D). Here’s a recognized suitable battery with extra to return:
- Anker USB-C Transportable Charger 10000mAh with 20W Energy Supply, 523 Energy Financial institution (PowerCore 10K). (180min of further run time)
Built-in Vacuum Examine and Leak Detection System
The Nauticam vacuum test and leak detection system is pre-installed within the NA-XT5 as normal tools. Mixed with an elective M14 Vacuum Valve II (PN 25624), this monitoring system offers fixed updates all through the dive as to watertight integrity of the housing by way of a multi-color LED on the rear of the housing.
What’s In The Field:
- NA-XT5 Housing
- 90122 Spare predominant O-ring, O-ring remover and lubricant
- 2x Optical bulkhead caps
- 2x handles with mounting balls
- Panasonic CR-2032 Battery (for moisture alarm)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Handbook instruction card
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap
- 25624 M14 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Launch)
- 32211 Nauticam Full Body Straight Viewfinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32212 Nauticam Full Body Straight Viewfinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 32213 Nauticam Full Body Angle Viefwinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32214 Nauticam Full Body Angle Viewfinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 32211/32213 is beneficial
- 26216 Common Fiber Optic Cable
- 26305 Mini flash set off for Panasonic/Fujifilm
- 25218 Mounting Ball Set for Tripod
- 25311 Strobe mounting ball for chilly shoe
- 25312 Gentle mounting stem for chilly shoe
- 25111 Strobe mounting ball for deal with with screws *mounts on prime M5 thread holes beneath chilly shoe
HDMI Advisable Configurations:
For HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 Cable
- 25077 M24D1R205-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-XT3/XT4/R5 to make use of with Ninja V housing) from SN: A467086 onwards
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Participant (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
- 17922S Nauticam Atomos Ninja V-S Housing for Atomos Ninja V and Ninja V+ 5″ Recorder/Monitor/Participant (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable) with Atomos AtomX SDI Module
For HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25033 Normal HDMI Cable with M16 Thread
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25076 HDMI (D-D) Cable in 200mm Size for NA-XT2/NA-XH1/NA-A6400/NA-XT5
- 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2″ 4K HDMI Monitor with HDMI 1.4 enter
- 17925 NA-503-H Housing for SmallHD 503 UltraBright On-Digital camera Monitor (With HDMI 1.4 enter)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 332mm x 213mm x 121mm
- Weight in air: 2.7kg
- Weight in water: Adverse 0.1kg (consists of digicam and battery)
- Depth Ranking: 100m
- Port Mount: N100
Mannequin Quantity: 17159
USA Retail Worth: $3,163
Extra data is offered from Nauticam at: www.nauticam.com