Lens producer Sigma is anticipated to announce three upcoming mirrorless lenses of their Up to date vary within the coming weeks. All three of the lenses are designated “DN”, which suggests they’re designed for mirrorless, however solely two of them are additionally designated “DG”, denoting full-frame. The third is a “DC” lens destined for APS-C sensors.
The total-frame lenses are a large angle 17mm f/4 DG DN Up to date and a reasonably customary 50mm f/2 DG DN Up to date. Whereas specs have solely been leaked regarding the Sony E Mount model, I feel it’s a protected guess to say they’ll be approaching L mount, too. The third is a 23mm f/1.4 DC DN Up to date, providing an analogous discipline of view go 35mm on full body for Sony L, Leica L and Fuji X mount cameras.
Sigma 17mm f/4 DG DN Up to date
- Protection: full-frame
- Lens building: 9 components in 8 teams
- Minimal focusing distance: 12cm
- Most magnification: 1:3.6
- Filter diameter: 55mm
- Dimension: φ64.0mm x 48.8mm (50.8mm for E-mount model)
- Weight: 225g( 220g for E-mount model)
- Magnetic metallic cap
Sigma 50mm f/2 DG DN Up to date
- Protection: full-frame
- Lens building: 11 components in 9 teams
- Minimal focusing distance: 45cm
- Most magnification: 1:6.9
- Filter diameter: 58mm
- Dimension: φ70.0 x 68.0mm (70.0mm for E-mount model)
- Weight: 350g( E-mount model
- helps 345g) magnetic metallic cap
Sigma 23mm f/1.4 DC DN Up to date
- Protection: APS-C
- Lens building: 13 components in 10 teams
- Minimal focusing distance: 25cm
- Most magnification: 1:7.3
- Filter diameter: 52mm
- Dimension: φ65.8 x 76.9mm
- Weight: 340g
- Mount: L-mount Sony E Mount Fujifilm X mount
There’s no phrase but on after we’ll see the brand new lenses being introduced, though they’re anticipated to come back in “the subsequent few weeks”. Extra lower-budget full-frame lens choices are all the time factor, and with the ISO efficiency on fashionable mirrorless cameras, you possibly can afford to cease down somewhat from the f/1.4 and f/1.2 ultra-bright lenses and nonetheless get a good shot. Positive, your depth of discipline may not be capable to all the time get as shallow, however does it all the time have to be paper skinny?
As for the 23mm APS-C lens, nicely, that one does have a pleasant vibrant f/1.4 aperture. This may add to Sigma’s DC DN Up to date lineup fairly properly. Now that the corporate has lastly jumped on X Mount, I can probably see their APS-C lens lineup sooner or later increasing fairly steadily. Curiously, although, this model isn’t being rumoured for X mount – a current transfer for Sigma that’s been trigger for lots of celebration amongst APS-C Nikon shooters.
Perhaps this one will finally come to Z mount as soon as it’s been made official. On condition that Nikon’s being fairly tight with handing out licenses, although, we could not.
[via Sony Addict]